For many people, SEO is basically an exact science that requires certain strategies to succeed. When used correctly and consistently, these strategies can increase the chance of getting a higher ranking and attracting more audience for your site. However, this is not an easy task as it often takes a lot of time and efforts.
In this post, we’ll outline 5 good techniques for SEO that are widely used by many experts all over the world. Before getting started, it is necessary to understand the definition of SEO.
What is SEO?
In simple words, SEO or search engine optimization is the technique of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to your online site thanks to organic results on search engines. You can handle your own SEO business or you can hire an SEO expert services to run your business. To understand fully what SEO means, let’s break down that sentence:
– Traffic quality: You might attract all the audience in the world, but when they visit your site just because Google tells them you are a merchant for Samsung smartphones when really you are a service provider, that isn’t quality traffic. Instead, it is better to have visitors who are really interested in your products or services.
– Traffic quantity: once you have attracted the right audience clicking through from SERPs, it is always better to have more traffic.
– Organic results: In general, ads account for a large number of SERPs. So any traffic which doesn’t come from your payment is called organic traffic.
Top 4 good techniques for SEO
1. Optimize for mobile browsing and search
Mobile optimization has been played an essential part in SEO for years as tablet and mobile is accounting for nearly 55 percent of web browsing all over the world. More importantly, as Google introduced their mobile index for the first time in November 2016, it’s easy to see that Google has already started to make its mobile version become the primary index. This means it is important to prioritize your mobile content and mobile site.
2. Use short URLs
For years, using keyword-relevant and descriptive URLs has been a popular SEO strategy. However, many experts believe that shorter URLs might actually result in higher rankings. While there is no ideal number of words that you should add, Google has suggested that anything after the first 5 words will not be given as much credit.
3. Improve local optimization
In a mobile-dominating society, it comes as no surprise that more and more experts are focusing on local searches as their relevance is basically higher. A recent study conducted by Google has shown that nearly 80 percent of users often search for local products or services, and approximately 65 percent of them decide to make the final purchasing decision. Therefore, local optimization is a must to ensure that potential customers can find your information, products or services via local keywords.
4. Produce longer content
Many people think that a 2000-word piece of content can be rambling and lengthy, but the content quality is much more important in deciding your site ranking.
Size does matters, but the quality with a larger size is often better. In general, the content needs to be well-written for beginners and should be laser-focused.
The recommended words for a standard blog post are 1200, while buying guides should reach more than 2000 words.